The Speed Project. What is Means to be an “OG”. The record-setting experience of a lifetime!

Los Angeles to Las Vegas. 1 route, 341 miles. The Speed Project had always been a pipe dream for me. Like the Barkley Marathons, it is hard to even just “know” about it let alone figure out how to even apply. For me, fate if you want to call it that, brought a mutual connection with a friend while running the Boston Marathon that would set things in motion. One thing led to the next and with an application sent in, I would then receive the message that I was in. This would begin a many months plan to execute my longest and best race to date.

Like how I like to prepare, I do not do anything out of the ordinary. Just do the little things well. I ran the Tesla Hertz 157 miler in October and put forth a solid performance. I ran a marathon in December at the Millinocket Marathon in freezing rain and then my last tune-up was a 50k in New England called the GAC Fat-ass 50k where I pushed through the slight snow and slush to finish in 3:35. I partnered with Untapped to start 2023 as well as Swiftwick and the results of these partnerships have already been great for me.

We assembled a crew: My wife Ashlee as the “boss” , Desandra (the Navigator) and Kelsey (the story-teller/connector) who both friends of ours wanted to partake in this wild and fun experience together. With our team assembled, it was time to descend on Los Angeles. What made our crew special to me was that Kelsey and Desandra had never been to a trail race let alone crew one. As an entirely new experience for them, they stepped up in a real and essential way that made our team, truly as “OG” as the course itself.

The OG route is the original route that inspired the event 10 years ago. 341 miles that took a northern track through Los Angeles, through the Hollywood hills, then over through Barstow, Baker in the Mojave Desert, then up through the southern portion of Death Valley before one last uphill and downhill into Vegas. This route is not a Bachelor’s style level of experience needed but more like a PHD of long-distance routes. With so many variables and a course that progressively gets harder as the miles tick on, it felt like the ultimate challenge. No Solo runner had never completed this route before. All before had taken their own “creative” route often in the 288 to 300 mile range.

As we settled into Cali, we took a look at Venice Beach, took pictures by the Hollywood sign, picked up the RV, stocked the RV up with supplies, and attended the cool pre-race festivities. Once you are a part of TSP, you are always a part of TSP. The best way to describe the event is like a gathering of like-minded people; each person bringing their own unique experiences, flavors, and stories into the group. It was really cool. The weather forecast called for lots of “rain” and strange precipitation throughout the adventure which is not what I expected for running through California to Vegas. But hence, you need to be ready to expect the unexpected at TSP.

4am on Monday morning and we were off. 12 brave solo runners would now push their limits in a 300 + mile adventure. I set-out on my route after missing the very first turn and then getting back on track. Whoops. The morning was dark and wet with plenty of light drizzle and mist. I worked my way through LA and up into Hollywood. My goal was to stay as focused as I could to get out of the hustle and bustle of the big city and then allow myself to coast more once we entered the wide open roads much later on.

After a few checkpoints, everything was working well. I will say that the flatbread pizza I had the night before did not sit well initially. I had more GI distress early than I would have liked. It just meant more bathroom stops to flush that out of my system and because I had it later than planned, it just meant that I had to run through it. Nothing I have not dealt with before. As I drank my water and Untapped Maple syrup in water from a flask, I just felt strong. I pushed an aggressive early pace with many 9 minute miles and 10 minute miles. I knew that I would be giving-up mileage to the other runners in the beginning so I wanted to stick my nose into it and see if I could cut into their leads.

By the time we made it to Santa Clarita, I had caught up with much of the Solo runners. I ran with British phenom, James Poole, who was running TSP Solo totally self-supported meaning carrying all his own gear and only using stores and shops for provisions. We spent some miles together and it was amazing just running with someone but also just learning so much from him. I never expected to see any of the other runners and it was a pleasant surprise to see Solo runners throughout the first 2/3rds of TSP. Through Soledad Canyon road, I continued the aggressive effort. We caught more runners before the wild wind and soon evening hit. We were out in what felt like the beginnings of the desert. We finally stopped in what felt like the Mojave desert on a 4-way stop. After some dinner and a brief 1.5 hour nap, I was back out on the road to Adelanto. We saw a few RVs in small moments through here as rain would start coming down past midnight. Luckily for us, the rain would eventually stop. The Adelanto section was interesting. This was our first overnight stretch and first on dirt. I ran on a sandy rutted road as the RV followed behind. This section also had a lot of dogs caged-up in the nearby houses and the night sky was hit with the howl of what sounded like a waterfall of dog barks. We would run around an air force base making our way through the dirt paths of the Mojave, avoiding puddles and encountering blowing wind and slight spritzes of rain. It was on these type of stretches where I felt that most runners would take a ton of time to rest. For me, the night is when I attack and attack I did. I continued a relentless pace into our next check point.

We soon hit the descent onto pavement (finally) into the town of Helendale. It was near the 24 hour mark and I had amassed just over 120 miles in 24 hours. It was an aggressive first check-mark. We rested for another hour and a half so that I could then tackle the first bit of sunlight. Our RV pulled into a shopping center parking lot and with a protein shake in my stomach, it was nap time. I found that resting more was extremely beneficial to me performing well thus far. In Cocodona, I ran myself into hallucinations only power-napping 20 minutes at a time. Where one longer sleep of 1-2 hours proved to really leave me recovered and re-charged.

Starting Day 2, I felt great. We entered onto the Old Spanish Highway and off to Barstow we went. I continued a small climb then the road continued to climb along with rolling terrain the 16 miles to Barstow. It was an overcast and hazy morning but everything was feeling under control. I began to settle into a more-relaxed pace to the 120+ mile effort I did the day before. I knew as the course would flatten-out, it would become easier to keep a consistent pace. By late morning, I had made it to Barstow. Oh Barstow. How I do not like you.

I met the crew and fueled-back up with new bottles, sun-block and a new hat with some fresh KT tape and set out. So Barstow is one of the main towns in TSP. Right on Route 66, this marks a significant check-point. The timing of my arrival caught me in what was some insane wind gusts. The wind topped out in the 70mph range. Immediately a couple minutes of leaving the RV, a gust blew my hat across the road, into an alley that I chased after. And then the KT tape I had on my legs was blown right off like some fairy tale with the Big Bad Wolf. Angry and frustrated, I used my buff as a wind scarf to cover my face and head from the sun and intense wind. It was a struggle to move forward in this section. I met-up with the crew a few miles down in town where I had to go across a bridge that was a little scary with the wind. Then missed a turn and had to go back and go over an even scarier bridge with no wind block or protection from the cars or the howling wind. Once we passed the train depot, we entered the strangest section. Across the road on either side was a literal desert. If you type in 1200 N 1st Ave and look at the Google Map street view, you will see it. Literal desert dunes on either side and the sand and wind created a real life-like Saharan sand storm. It was wild. I finally worked my way through here to the next check-point where I would now be going on ATV trails SOLO.

It was now around 1pm. The next 8 miles would be off-road on sandy ATV trails. With my Bucket-hat tied-on, I suffered through the crazy wind gusts, almost knocking me over as I tried my best to navigate the path. I was nervous about these paths as they could easily mean getting really lost without crew support. I did well to navigate them as it really was just one main trail I had to stay on and not take any other intersecting trails. Soon I connected with the powerlines and then the road. As I hit the road and turned, I was graced with the brunt of the wind now at a complete head-wind. I kept going across the road and down the trail but realized it was the wrong way. I called Ashlee to help me navigate as I bushwhacked through the desert section and maybe waisted another 30-45 minutes trying to go the last 2 miles to them. After going on a closed road and trudging through nothing but mud, I made it to the RV. Happy to be there and alive, I munched on french fries like it were my last meal. After a brief re-group, we set-out onto Yermo road. Oh Yermo Road. It was now around 4pm as we worked our way down this long and winding road. I soon saw other crews nearby which was a good sign that I was still in the mix with these other runners. I never expected to be with any of the runners and anytime that I saw them, it gave me a lot of hope and inspiration because it meant I was on pace to finish near the top of the field while running the OG route.

Soon about 175 miles into my journey, Yermo road became quiet. I continued my pace and was in need of more electrolytes and a Theragun session. This is when the Speed Project really became the Speed Project in my eyes. The Chaos of the urban atmosphere would now change and transition into that of the desert. Wide open roads, expansive views. Just us and the Mojave desert in all of its glory. As the sun went from day to night, I took a moment to really absorb the whole experience of being in such an incredible place. I soon hit a Yermo road section by myself, where I would navigate an old bridge before linking back up with the crew. I pushed the pace well here as storm clouds soon moved overhead. I could feel the updraft from the desert being picked-up by these massive storm clouds. Without any rain gear on me, I panicked. If I do not make it to the RV in time, I will be caught in the middle of a Thunderstorm with no where to hide. It was a sight to behold. Just you and a massive sky that I felt was ready to eat me up. I pushed hard just as darkness hit, navigated the bridge and then made a last 1.5 mile sprint to the RV. Looking back, I could see the rain clouds dumping rain behind me. It was like some epic Day After Tomorrow movie scene as I finally linked-up with Kelsey and made it to the RV just 15 minutes before it down-poured.

Now in the RV, it was “family dinner” time. We would take an hour to wait out the storm and soon saw the storm would last another few hours. So we decided to take a long 3 hour break with 2 of those hours being a nap. The next sections would be were I would be on my own, running on ATV trails and what I felt was the crux of this journey. With the rain, I wanted us to not risk getting stuck due to flash flooding so we waited it out. Luckily, the storm was brief and as I set-out, after a delicious penne pasta dinner, it was time to tackle the off-road sections. I was nervous about these sections as the stretches would be long enough without crew support.

As I set out onto the dirt path, I followed my phone directions and continued down the path. Soon turning left like the directions indicated after a half mile. When it is dark out in the Mojave desert, it is dark. Only the faint lights from cars off of the highway in the distance and your headlamp are all the light that can be seen. I ran on an ATV trail parallel with train tracks and after about a mile, realized I was further south from where I needed to be. I called Ashlee and tried to trouble-shoot. Using my GPS, I navigated backwards and then across the desert ground off-trail until I hit a canyon with a 600 foot drop. The trail I needed to run on was below. Angry with myself for missing the very first turn, I kept back-tracking meandering my way closer to the correct route until I finally found level ground. I was back on track. I followed the trail downward through a slot canyon and then back up until after 4 miles hit the rest stop. My crew RV was another 6 miles at the next check-point so I continued onward. The peace and serenity of the night was nice. The rain did not really soak much into the dirt paths and we lucked-out with nice cool desert weather. Soon I made my way off of the dirt up a nice climb to the RV. Once I was there, Ashlee would join me at the next juncture about 7 miles in to run about 4 more miles with me to the RV. After a quick re-fuel, I headed out across the overpass and then onto the Arrowhead trail. I would navigate using my phone throughout the next few sections. It was a little odd running on the sandy ATV path. There was a trail that ran parallel with the one I was supposed to be on hugging the powerlines. I stayed the course looking at the miles tick-by on my watch. There was a technical uphill section followed by a rocky and steep descent. Soon I was at the meet-up point and called Ashlee. We connected and then continued to run the next 4 miles on the Arrowhead trail to the RV point. It was really special getting to spend those miles together. I pushed to the RV and check-point and refueled. I would have one more section on the trail. The sun was just about starting to come up as I made my way through the final section of the Arrowhead trail to Zzyx. It was at this point that I started to feel strong. I started pushing the pace to more 9 and 10 minute miles, flying over technical rocky terrain.

I did a video recording here and I felt that the hardest part of the run was over with. A wave of relief and confidence rushed over me. I was 200+ miles in and feeling really strong. I was nearing the mark where I was getting closer to about what I felt like was the home stretch. As the sun rose, I hit a crest of the hill and came into the next RV check-point. We took some time here to eat, change out of my gaiters, lather with sunblock and prepare for the next stretch to Baker, the gateway to Death Valley. The next leg would have me run off-road paralleling the highway 15 bordering the Mojave National Preserve. The heat from the sun was intense. Welcome to the gateway to Death Valley, which is known for having some of the hottest temperatures in the country and even the world. I pushed through this unique trail section and had trouble dissecting the off-shoot trail I needed to take about half-way in. Eventually, I realized the path I was on would be the path I needed to stay on. The map wanted me to follow a path that looked like it wasn’t there. This section once I had my bearings allowed me to push hard to get to the RV in Baker. It seemed to go on for some time being an 11-13 mile stretch. Once I hit the exits for Baker, I crossed the fence, hit the overpass and then was into the town.

We did an Instagram Live here and took a longer 15 minute stop. I was feeling strong. I felt like if I could keep this going, I would have this in the bag. We did a sock change, ate plenty of food from vegan sausages, banana, trail mix, chips and hummus. After this stop, I headed out towards Death Valley. In the town of Baker, I couldn’t figure out what road to take. We spent some time making-sure and I even talked with part of Lucy’s crew as they rested in Baker before picking up Lucy.

Once on the right road, we finally entered Death Valley. Well, more like a southern portion of it. We were not in the National Park but rather south of it. As the sun began to heat things-up, I could imagine what running the Badwater 135 mile race is like in July. This was late March and though the air temperature was in the 70’s, the intensity of the sun was unlike anything I have experienced before. As cars and trucks would speed on by, there was no wind as they would rush by. This environment was like running on the moon. So dry that I needed to constantly sip on water the whole time. My big challenge came with how to manage my water vs electrolytes as I was not sweating due to the desert conditions. Completely exposed to the sun, I continued to press-on. I could notice a change to my pace as I was splitting about a minute per mile slower in the 13 minute range. This section was harder than I expected. I would be suffering through a 48 mile stretch on Death Valley Road.

As the day went from morning to afternoon, it became tough. I would alternate between the cambered dirt and the cambered blacktop road; trying to find a surface that would welcome my body. It was by 1:30pm where I needed to take a short reset. I rested in the RV with Ashlee for about 35 minutes to cool-off and recharge. By about 55 minutes, I was back out there with my Ushood sunshirt. Clouds had rolled-in at this point and cooled things off. I continued to push as in the distance, I could see the rain clouds dumping rain. As the day transitioned into the late afternoon, I finally hit a bend in the road. This began my favorite section.

It was quiet. The setting sun was blocked by massive rain clouds as a rainbow was in view behind us. I ran in the middle of the road as Kelsey snapped some photos. You could hear a pin drop and everything was still. It was surreal seeing Death Valley National Park to my west, and more mountains to my east. In the distance looked to be a long uphill climb as the road moved right into the sky. Our crew would be following me as I would make my way up the 700 foot climb. I neared the beginning of the climb just as night descended. As I pushed up the hill, Chaos ensued. We hadn’t seen any cars or trucks for hours and then all of a sudden, a long line of cars and trucks came rushing by me. Wind and rain began to downpour as I was not wearing any rain gear and the RV up a couple miles ahead. I pushed as hard as I could to the RV. Once there, I changed my clothes and put on a Windbreaker rain-style jacket. I then continued up the climb. After what felt like already a 700 foot climb, the road just continued up into the sky. After about 5 miles, I stopped. I was at a breaking point. I went into the RV and broke down. I needed to rest and recharge as it was tough to push through this tough climb in the rain and sleet feeling like I was going to nowhere. Ashlee had mentioned I had another half mile uphill to go but that was 5 miles ago. I showed my vulnerability in the moment losing my cool a little. I sat there in the RV just feeling hopeless as I knew we had to keep going as there was no shoulder and stopping for long was not a good idea. Eventually, a police officer came to check on us and notified us that the hill was another 5 miles and about another 1,000 feet of gain. I had already gone up 1,200 feet or so. We soon learned the profile in the course map was incorrect. Now knowing what to expect, I got back out there as Desandra and Kelsey took some much needed naps. Soon the rain subsided as I finally after another hour of running and crested the top. The stars in the sky was a beautiful canvas of light. It became clear and quiet. It was such a relief to hit that climb and then began the descent down to Tecopa, a small “town” in the desert with a post office and just a couple of buildings. This would be the location where I would take a scheduled sleep. We turned onto the Old Spanish Highway and onto an old and sun-baked road. By the time we hit Tecopa, it was around 3-4 in the morning. We would take a nice 1.5 hour nap just as the sun would come up to tackle the last day. As the sun started to crest into the horizon, after some delicious eggs and bacon, we all huddled together. There was this feeling inside the RV, that we were going to finish this thing. We had been through so much the past few days. From traffic, rain, wind, dust storms, “the climb”, our bond as a team only grew stronger.

As we set out for the final day, the tone of things was different. It was this powerful determination and focus. As the sun began to crest over the mountains, behind me, I looked back in awe of what I had just run up and down which did not look like a 700 foot tall mountain but rather something much taller, closer to the 3,000 to 5,000 ft range. As we left out little oasis in the valley at Tecopah, from the church parking lot and little U.S. Post Office we set out on the final stretch. As we rolled into a gradual slow flat then uphill, I felt like I was just starting to run. My pace hung in the 9 minute range. There is something profound that I find in these multi-day ultras. That you can push a fast pace after having 280 miles on your legs is just mind-blowing to me. The Speed Project did an instagram live session with me where I told them that if I kept this pace, I would be in Vegas in no time. As we entered back into the desert I had this feeling of “being” that washed over me. I felt like the desert had tested me. It was not so easy to welcome me to its lineage. It had to test me and my crew 280+ miles from Los Angeles before it finally accepted us as its own.

What makes The Speed Project special? It can be many things but the one realization is that because the event offers more freedom and creativity than other races, it gives the runner the chance to really engage with their environment on a totally different level. TSP provides us a blank canvas and our feet like a paint brush, allows us runners to craft up our own beautiful masterpieces through movement.

It was in these moments on the last day, that I truly felt more as a part of the desert than just a visitor. And with this, we were graced with magnificent weather. I hit a nice shorter 4 mile climb that as we hit the top, we entered a road of winding switchbacks and as soon as the view opened up from the mountains overhead, the view down below was incredible. It had reminded me of something out of the Serengeti in Africa with huge Snow-capped mountains off in the distance. The beautiful blue skies and moderate weather was lovely. It felt like being in a totally different world. As the morning drew on, close to 50 miles stood between me and a finish. The environment here was so magnificent as now my eyes were searching for any sights of Vegas and civilization. We then hit a long downhill and soon the fun really began. Ashlee and our crew figured out how to play music through the outside speakers of the RV. We then began our dance party. Dancing to Backstreet Boys, The Killers, and so much more really gave us the extra energy and boost as we continued to cruise along. As the early-afternoon hit, it soon started to heat-up. We had descended back-down into the furnace as this section was really close to Badwater basin. The next 12 mile stretch was a tough one. I started to struggle a little here but was able to throw water on myself to keep me cool. A couple of times, I had to run back into the RV to cool-off my feet as the pavement temperature was in the 90’s as the air temp hovered near 80. We soon crossed into the Nevada border and knew that the end was in sight. As the afternoon drew closer, my crew informed me that Lucy was only 15 miles away from finishing while I was still about 36 miles from the finish. This road I was on felt like it would never end. It is one of those sights where you can see the end of the road for miles out in the distance and with every passing mile, it never seemed to get closer.

Finally I had made it to the turn which would be on a divided highway road up to a significant climb to the 5,700 foot high point before 24 miles downhill into Vegas. We took some time to cool-off and re-fuel and then I was back out. I was hurting at this point. I had a podcast playing as I grunted through this lonely busy road. When I saw my crew again, it was around 3pm or so and they informed me that I was neck and neck for the Men’s lead with Robbie Balenger. With myself still having the major climb, it was going to be a fun challenge to see how it all would shake-out. In the moment, I did not want to know how close I was to the other runners. I was the only one that had run the “OG” route of 340+ miles while others did their own creative route more in the 288-300 mile range. But in secrecy, I took that intel as a means to push a little harder. What was ahead was a long 10 mile climb up from near sea level to 5,700 feet. I took my trekking poles and continued to push, and push, and push. When you are at this moment of any race, the task is simple: Do not overthink anything, just do the task that you need to accomplish.

I continued to push the uphill as the late afternoon soon became evening. We continued to plug-away with very short and minimal stops as my palate was starting to go. My crew had to figure out how to get me food that would appeal to me so they created this great burrito with Vegan sausage and eggs that seemed to do the trick. I would wolf-down a big bite at each 3 mile stretch. As I worked my way up the road, soon as the sun began to set, I hit a rhythm and tempo where I kept plugging away up until I was soon level with the snow-capped mountains I had seen much earlier in the day. And now I was running at eye-level with them. Finally after a few more miles, I finally hit the high-point at 5,788 feet at Mountain Springs as night had started to hit. It was wild now seeing the city lights of Las Vegas down below. You knew were up high when there was road signs with ram pictures on them. Now just 24 miles were left for me to complete this epic challenge. It was at this point that Lucy had finished her TSP journey just an hour and a half prior. Now at the RV, I took a longer break to re-fuel and prepare for the final descent down. It was chilly up here but I felt ready to rumble. With some Untapped in my bottles, I headed out of the RV and at this point it went from that dusk look to now nighttime. I told my crew I would see them in about 4 miles. The downhill section was like a pinball in a pinball machine. The gravity really moved me down the mountain and fast. I was floating at 8-9 minute miles at my slowest. As I fell down the mountain, I thought that if it was like this the whole way, I would be done in less than 3 hours. As I whizzed by my crew, I told them to meet me in another 6 miles. I continued on that steep descent knowing that I might need my legs and hip flexors to be massaged out if they started to fatigue. After eating a ton of food, and a couple miles down the road, I had to go to the bathroom pretty bad. With about 3 or so more miles to go, about 30 minutes to endure, it was a challenge to hold it all in. I kept looking in the distance for the stationary lights of the RV until after around that 30 minute mark, I made eye contact with the RV down at a gas station. We were now only 3 more legs left to go to reach the end. I was feeling pretty gassed at this point. We used the Theragun on my legs to loosen them up. I could feel myself ravage my body’s own fat stores as it was hard to really stomach all of the calories I really needed at this point. Without taking a real nap on this last day, I was getting a little sleepy too. The next 8 miles was the moment I would be now into the suburbs of Las Vegas. What went from the darkness of the desert, was now taken-over by the cars, rampant lights, and noise of suburbia. I felt more out of place here than in my last 200 miles. Spending time in the desert really brought me and my crew this sense of belonging out there. The peace and tranquility of the desert had become welcoming and familiar to us. But in this busy Thursday night, I had a hard time grasping my connection to modern life. I kept the foot on the gas as I was only 10 miles from the finish. At my next checkpoint, in a shopping center I was able to eat sugar cookies and a slice of pizza. I had a straight away of 6 miles then 4 more miles up to the Las Vegas sign. At this checkpoint, I really needed a nap. I was really hurting here. I felt like I was at my limit. It was here that finally after 336 miles of running, my mental strength and razor-sharp focus was now fragile. I had been so strong and show sharp for so long. But as I knew the finish was in sight, I finally lost it. Ashlee did her best to push me ahead. All I had to do was run straight. After a couple of miles, my headlamp light went out. It was then with about 3 more miles to go that I panicked. I called Ashlee as I felt like all the lights and intensity beat my eyes up so much I struggled to be able to focus on the path ahead. I was veering into the shoulder of the road as the busy divided road with all the car headlights left me like a deer in the headlights. I was shell-shocked.

Ashlee soon came in my direction as I walked slowly and soon jogged to meet up with her. I needed her love and support as I was splitting at the seams. I finally caught sight of her across the street. We linked up and had a big embrace. Then after having my moment of defeat, Ashlee picked me up and off we walked, then jogged to the next checkpoint. We made it there in about 20 minutes as Ashlee went to change into actual running clothes. We still wanted to beat the old Solo record of 93 hours and 57 minutes. We then pushed on to the “Welcome to Las Vegas Sign”. The last four miles we averaged in the 11 minute per mile range. With Ashlee as my eyes, it was a nice relief to where I could just focus on moving forward rather than navigating. I couldn’t have asked for a better way for this to end. Ashlee has been my rock and with me as my crew boss ever since I entered into ultras in 2012. As she is training for her first marathon at the NYC marathon this November. It only felt fitting to get the opportunity to finish this epic journey stride for stride.

Ah the end. How do you conclude such an epic journey. It was one of those things were you expect this grand finish, confetti everywhere, music blasting, crowds of people lining the strip. But instead, it was just a few awesome people that hung around as we approached the sign. As I came to the lit-up “Welcome to Las Vegas Sign” I knew the deed was going to be done. I ran to the sign and then were interviewed on the live stream with TSP. Ashlee, Kelsey, Desandra and myself. A true OG crew. We had endured so much. Wind storms, my own navigational errors, rain storms, the RV getting stuck in a sand dune in Death Valley, tons of bathroom breaks, lots of hot sun, wild drivers and so much more. Though I was numb to what we had accomplished when we hit that sign, the relief of knowing we had made history was the biggest feeling I had. Just gratitude to be able to do this. To be able to navigate 346 miles from LA to Vegas and with all the adversity we endured, it could had been so much worse. As individuals we were strong. But as a team, we were legendary strong.

What allowed us to make history? Initially, it was a dream. It was the question, why not go after it? To be the first to do something was something that greatly motivated me. I wanted an even-greater challenge and The OG route Solo was just that. It goes to show that with hard work, mental power, and the best team of crew, the impossible not only becomes possible, but infectious. I really hope to see other athletes run in my footsteps on the OG route Solo at the Speed Project. Run fast and remember, distance is just a number. Believe in yourself and your crew and you too can get it done!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: